Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Plum Tomato, Palm Harbor, FL

I had head that the Plum Tomato restaurant in Palm Harbor, Florida was a really good place to get some Italian food, so I could not wait to go.  To my dismay, it is located in a dirty little strip mall in the not so nice part of this town.  Unfortunately, it did not live up to its reputation either, or at least for my taste.  I ordered pizza with roasted red peppers, fresh basil and extra sauce.  The pizza took forever to make, and it arrived dried up.  I got extra sauce on the side and that didn't help much.  The pizza was mediocre at best, with no particular taste to the sauce or the crust.  I got sangria with it, which was good, but it as $4.95 for a small glass, not so good.  The whole time we were there, a creepy little old man was pacing up and down staring at everyone and pestering the waitresses.  I think he might have been the owner.  A much better bet for pizza in this area is the Fireside Pizza Cafe, which has a wood fired brick oven, super delicious pizza and much better atmosphere and location.

<a href="http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/30/1527075/restaurant/Tampa-Bay/The-Plum-Tomato-Tarpon-Springs%22%3E%3Cimg alt="The Plum Tomato on Urbanspoon" src="http://www.urbanspoon.com/b/logo/1527075/minilogo.gif" style="border:none;width:104px;height:15px" /></a>

No comments:

Post a Comment